Taraining of Seed dealers
SEED DEALER REGISTRATION
Procedures and Conditions for Seed Dealer Registration in TanzaniaSection 15 and 16 of the Seeds Act state that any seed dealer (Importer, Exporter, Producer, Processor, Distributor and Seller) before undertaking the seed business shall berequired to register himself with TOSCI and thereby shall be issuedwith a registration certificate.
- TOSCI register and issue certificate of registration to all qualified applicants
- If not satisfied with the application the applicant needs to correct the defects otherwise registration is refused
- TOSCI inspect the holding, warehouse, storage and/or other facilities of the applicant before registration
- Application for registration as seeds dealer shall be submitted to the Director General of TOSCI, on form SR I (Fifth Schedule)
- The Director General shall register the applicant and issue the certificate of registration which is on Form SR II appearing in the Fifth Schedule upon been satisfied that the applicant has complied with the requirements for registration
- Seed dealers are strongly advised to go through Sections 15-20 of the Seeds Regulations for more information/conditions about their registration
- Section 16 provides for issuance of certificate by the Institute after registration, with terms and conditions as determined by the Minister
- A registration of certificate shall be displayed on the business premises
- Section 17 deals with Cancellation of certificate of registration by the Institute where terms and conditions have not been fulfilled.
- Section 20 requires all seed dealers to maintain the records within their premises in respect to seed lots produced, purchased, sold, tested and labeled or treated and such records shall be provided to the inspector whenever requested. Any seed dealer who will contravene this provision will be committing an offense and conviction, he may suffer penalty of fine, imprisonment or both.
- Section 18 provides for right appellation the Minister against decision of a Institute in relation to registration, cancellation of registration,permit issued under this Act.
- Section 19; prohibits any person to import, export, produce, process, distribute or sell seeds unless he is registered
- Necessary Documents Accompanying with the Application of the Seed Dealers Registration
An applicant is required to fulfil amongst others the following:
- A company should possess a business license
Register the company with the Ministry of Industries and Trade under Company’s ordinance CAP 212 and submit true copy of the following documents:
- a.Certificate of Incorporation-Registration and
- b.Memorandum and Articles of association of the company.
- Submit a company’s profile outlining company seed production strategies short, medium and long term plans, location of the company, land area owned for seed production, knowledge-skill of personnel on seed production and supply etc, is prime, processing plant- self owned or for hire etc.
- Financial status of the organization
- Adherence to the rules, regulations and procedures for seed production, marketing, importation and exportation as stipulated in seed Act.