What we do
Roles and Core Functions of TOSCI
The roles of TOSCI are to regulate and control standards of agricultural seeds and matters incidental to and therewith through performing the following functions: -
- I.To conduct field and seed inspections.
- II.To effect sampling and testing.
- III.To authorize seed inspectors, samplers, laboratories and analysts.
- IV.To issue guidelines and other requirements as regards to the authorization of seed inspectors, samplers, laboratories and analysts.
- V.To charge fees or otherwise generate revenue from the services rendered.
- VI.To ensure that revenue accruing from the fees or any other charges guarantees sustainable and quality services.
- VII.To train seed producers, seed inspectors and seed analysts.
- VIII.To liaise with international organization such as the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) and organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) on seed related issues.
- IX.To accredit seed sampling and seed testing laboratories.
- X.To conduct and issue DUS test results and certificate(s).
- XI.To carry out variety performance trials.
- XII.To carry out pre- and post-control tests.
- XIII.To issue certificates for DUS tests and seed testing.
- XIV.To enforce Seed Act 2003 and its Regulations, 2007 promote self-compliance by stakeholders.
- XV.To receive, process application and issue seed import/export permit